Uncommon dishes of beef lung offer up culinary challenges and heaps of healthy benefits, like high protein contents that aid in muscle growth and promote overall well-being. Testing the tolerance of Asian taste buds, spicy marinades with turmeric bases coat thinly sliced meat in this beef lungs and chilli recipe, before it’s fried up into crispy goodness. You can’t go wrong with this for dinner tonight!
Why not try this for dessert?
RELATED: More recipes: Ginger juice with milk custard
- 1kg beef lungs
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tomato ~ cut into small cubed
- 1 tbsp turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2-3 tbsp garlic & ginger paste
- 1 tsp salt
- 10 fresh red chilies
- 5 red bird’s eye (depends how spicy u want it)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 4 shallots
- 2″ galangal
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar (I use light brown sugar)
- Boil the beef lungs in salted water & bay leaves until tender & cut them into thin strips. Set aside & let it cool.
- Marinate the cooked beef lungs for about 30 mins or more. Then deep fry the beef lung & set aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute the pounded mixture till fragrant & add cut tomatoes. Stir the mixture to combine.
- Then add the deep fried beef lungs into the mixture to coat. Reduce the heat to medium-low; simmer until fragrant for about 5 mins.
- Remove from heat & serve the beef lungs with steamed white rice or eat by itself.
If you try out this beef lungs with chilli recipe let us know what you think in the comments below!