Adding chicken into your little one’s meals is a great way to introduce him/her to the of practice eating meat. Chicken provides your child with protein as well as other beneficial nutrients such as Vitamin B6 and Vitamin D. It can also be prepared in a variety of ways, and it tastes good whichever way you choose to prepare it – be it grilled, boiled, steamed, or fried. Add carrots to the dish you are preparing for your little one and you will have a great meal on your hands! Carrots are a good source of Vitamin A, anti-oxidants, and dietary fibers. Here’s a homemade baby food recipe that includes a mashup of both yummy ingredients.
Age suitability: 6 months
Suitability for freezing: No
- ½ chicken breast
- 1 cup of carrot (boiled and chopped)
- About ½ cup of milk (breast or formula)
- Grill chicken breast over medium-low heat on a grill pan until it is cooked.
- Leave chicken breast to cool – once it is cool, cut it into small cubes.
- Pour both chicken and carrots into a blender or food processor.
- Blend until mixture turns into puree while adding milk slowly to achieve desired consistency.
- Transfer puree into a bowl to serve.
RELATED: Yummy carrot purée for baby
For hygienic purpose & your baby’s safety, do ensure that the utensils and bowls/plates that you use to prepare this recipe are clean and dry.
Recipe is adapted from goodtoknow.co.uk.
Make sure you like us on Facebook and stay up-to-date on the latest from Pregnant.Sg!