Homemade baby food is a great way to introduce your new munching baby to solids because you can control what goes in. Broccoli is a cruciferous vegetable that is rich in various nutrients including Vitamin C, Vitamin A (mostly as beta-carotene), folic acid, calcium and fiber. This green warrior plays important roles in strengthening your baby’s immune system, encouraging muscle growth and reducing the risk of cancer. Here’s how you can make easy broccoli purée at home.
Age suitability: 6 months
Suitable for freezing: Yes
- 1 peeled and diced broccoli
- 4 to 5 tablespoons formula, breast milk or water
- Steam broccoli for about 10 minutes or until the broccoli is soft.
- Mix with liquid.
- Use a blender or food processor to purée the broccoli.
- After puréeing, you can pour the purée into ce cube trays to freeze. When frozen, pop the broccoli cubes out of the trays and transfer to freezer bags to store in freezer so you are able to defrost portions when required.
You need to make sure that you use clean and dry utensils and bowls when preparing baby food to ensure good hygiene.
Make sure you like us on Facebook and stay up-to-date on the latest from Pregnant.Sg!