Purées are usually your baby’s very first tastes of solid food and should be full of healthful things like vegetables and fruits. Sweeter than their carrot cousins, parsnips are an excellent source of dietary fiber and Vitamin C, that help battle against constipation as well as various infections. These root vegetables also promote healthy connective tissue, teeth, and gums for your growing baby. Here’s how you can use parsnips to make easy homemade baby food.
Age suitability: 6 months
Suitable for freezing: Yes
- 1 peeled and diced parsnip
- 4 to 5 tablespoons formula, breast milk or water
- Steam parsnip for about 10 minutes or until the parsnip is soft.
- Mix with liquid.
- Use a blender or food processor to purée the parsnip s.
- After puréeing, you can pour the purée into ice cube trays. When frozen, pop the parsnip cubes out of the trays and transfer to freezer bags to store in freezer.
You need to make sure that you use clean and dry utensils and bowls when preparing baby food to ensure good hygiene.
Make sure you like us on Facebook and stay up-to-date on the latest from Pregnant.Sg!