Homemade baby food is a great way to introduce your new munching baby to solids because you’re in charge of the ingredients. Filled with antioxidants that include Vitamin C, Vitamin A, Vitamin E, Manganese and beta-carotene, turnips encourage cell activity and growth in your baby. High levels of calcium and potassium also ensure healthy bone development to keep up with your child’s active future. Here’s our recipe for an easy turnip purée for your baby.
Age suitability: 6 months
Suitable for freezing: Yes
- 1 peeled and diced turnips
- 4 to 5 tablespoons formula, breast milk or water
- Steam turnips for about 10 minutes or until the turnips are soft.
- Mix with liquid.
- Use a blender or food processor to purée the turnips.
- After blending, pour the purée the into ice cube trays. When frozen, pop the turnips cubes out of the trays, and transfer to freezer bags to store in freezer.
You need to make sure that you use clean and dry utensils and bowls when preparing baby food to ensure good hygiene.
Make sure you like us on Facebook and stay up-to-date on the latest from Pregnant.Sg!