When your baby begins to eat solids, it’s best to feed him or her foods that are easy to digest. Rice cereal is perfect for that because it’s gluten-free and allergy-free, so it’s a pretty safe option. Here’s a simple rice cereal recipe you can try at home!
Age suitability: 6 months
Suitable for freezing: Yes
- 1/4 cup brown rice powder
- 1 cup water
- A little breast milk (for the right consistency
RELATED: Yummy carrot purée for baby
- Grind brown rice in blender until it has a powdery consistency.
- Bring the water to a boil.
- Add the rice powder, stirring constantly with a wire whisk.
- Reduce the heat to very low and simmer gently for about 10 minutes (don’t forget to keep stirring, or the rice will stick).
- Then stir in enough breast milk to give the consistency that’s best for your baby.
Make sure you like us on Facebook and stay up-to-date on the latest from Pregnant.Sg!