Pumpkins are not just a Halloween decoration, they’re actually a very healthy, versatile vegetable, and a great source of vitamins for new mums.
RELATED: Tips for your baby’s first Halloween
So don’t waste your leftover pumpkin, get cooking and create a delicious pumpkin soup recipe or try out pumpkin pie! These five recipes are great sources of nutrition during breastfeeding and can also help with losing baby weight.
Pumpkin seeds are naturally rich in Zinc, Vitamin E. So save your leftover pumpkin seeds to be used as a snack or topper for yoghurt or salads.
1. Wash excess pulp from pumpkin seeds and dry with paper towel.
2. If you want you can coat the seeds in small amount of oil. (Be careful not to use too much as this can make the seeds greasy)
3. You can also add a little flavouring with salt or chilli!
4. Line a baking tray with baking paper and spread the seeds out in one layer.
5. Roast the seeds for 45 minutes at 150C or until the seeds are golden brown and stir occasionally.
RELATED: Pumpkin and spinach lasagna recipe
Make sure you like us on Facebook, and stay up-to-date on the latest from Pregnant.Sg!