If you’ve just delivered your little one, congratulations! You’re bound to have lost a considerable amount of blood during delivery and would likely be feeling all the effects of anaemia coming in, such as dizziness or shortness of breath.
This recipe for black bean soup with pork ribs is a breeze to prepare, with just three basic ingredients. Apart from replenishing your blood cells, it will give you an overall boost of energy. Black beans and peanuts also contain plenty of protein, so make sure to drink this as often as you want throughout the day.
Recipe lightly adapted from Successful Breastfeeding: A Practical Guide, by Kang Phaik Gaik
Ingredients for black bean soup with pork ribs:
Pork Ribs, defrosted (500g)
Black Beans (1 cup)
Peanuts (1 cup, optional)
Preparation for black bean soup with pork ribs:
1. Soak the black beans and peanuts for several hours.
2. Bring a medium-sized pot of water to boil.
3. Place pork ribs in to boil for about half an hour.
4. Add in black beans and peanuts. Boil until meat, beans and peanuts are soft.
5. Add salt to taste. Serve.
Make sure you like us on Facebook and stay up-to-date on the latest from Pregnant.Sg!