Try a sweet soup that’s especially great for mummies who are anemic because dates are rich in iron content. They also contain a lot of dietary fiber, protein and various B vitamins. Black beans promote bowel movement and are a fantastic source of antioxidants. Add rock sugar to sweeten up this black date soup.
- 200g black dates
- 100g black beans
- Sliced ginger (amount is up to own preference)
- 2 litres of water
- Rock sugar (to taste)
- Soak black beans until soft (takes about 1 hour). Pour away the water after soaking.
- Wash black dates and cut all into half.
- Add all ingredients to a pot and let it boil.
- Bring to low heat and simmer the black date soup for 2-3 hours.
This recipe for black date soup is adapted from Chinese Confinement Food Recipes.
Make sure you like us on Facebook and stay up-to-date on the latest from Pregnant.Sg!