Broccoli is one of the most attractive-looking veggetables in the supermarket — you can’t help but be drawn to its bright green colour! Plus it’s packed with nutrients such as a high fiber content — which helps with digestion, Vitamin C and K, as well as calcium and beta-carotene. Even better — it’s delicious boiled, steamed, or fried! We love pairing broccoli with mushrooms, which also contains beneficial nutrients such as Vitamin D and potassium, which helps the body to maintain a regular and healthy blood pressure. This easy-to-make, broccoli and mushroom soup recipe perfectly marries the two ingredients for a perfect meal any time of the day!
- 1 bunch of broccoli (cut into small pieces)
- 1 medium can of button mushrooms (drained and cut into pieces)
- 5 – 6 pieces of prawns (peeled, cleaned and cut into pieces)
- A mixture 1 medium sized onion and 2 cloves of garlic and
- ½ cup of dried anchovies (wash first) pounded together
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
- Rinse all ingredients.
- Heat the oil in a pot and fry the pounded mixture of onion, garlic and dried anchovies over medium heat until it is fragrant.
- Add the prawns and fry for a minute before adding in both broccoli pieces and mushrooms.
- Stir all ingredients together until everything is mixed well.
- Add in water until everything is covered, then cover the pot. Leave the pot to simmer.
- Soup will be done once broccoli is cooked.
- (Add ½ a tablespoon of cornflour if you desire the soup to be a bit thicker)
Make sure you like us on Facebook and stay up-to-date on the latest from Pregnant.Sg!