Tired of red date drinks during confinement? This refreshing beverage is an excellent alternative for mummies in confinement. The main ingredient, snow fungus, is known for its medicinal properties and rich in iron, phosphorous, calcium and Vitamin C. Paired with dried longan and ginger juice, this honey drink confinement recipe helps mothers to purge the “wind” and sleep better at night.
- 15g snow fungus
- Dried longans (amount is up to personal preference)
- 2 tbsp honey (you can add more if you prefer to be sweeter)
- 2 tbsp ginger juice
- 1000ml water
RELATED: Make dang shen tea with a twist
- Soak snow fungus for 10 minutes or until expanded.
- Rinse it, cut off the stubs and cut all into bite-size portions.
- Wash the dried longans.
- Put all ingredients (except honey and ginger juice) into a pot and bring it to a boil.
- Let it simmer for 20-30 minutes on low heat.
- Add ginger juice and honey and let it boil again.
- Turn off the heat and enjoy the honey drink while it’s still warm!
This recipe is adapted from GPLS Confinement Nanny Agency.
Make sure you like us on Facebook and stay up-to-date on the latest from Pregnant.Sg!