Thomson Medical Centre is well-known for their famous fish head and green papaya soup recipe. Light and nourishing, this clear broth combines the nutrients of soft papaya and flavourful fish head for a satisfying meal. Also believed to improve milk flow and lactation, this soup is often given to mothers in confinement but is also suitable for finicky children as well as elderly members of the family.
This recipe serves 3 – 4 people.
Ingredients for green papaya soup
- 200g green (unripe) papaya
- 1 big piece of fish head, e.g Carp, Snakehead, Seabream, Pomfret or Kurau fillet
- 6 – 8 slices or 1 big piece of ginger (crushed)
- Scale and clean fish.
- Add red dates and wolfberries to boil together
- Simmer 3 – 4 bowls of water together with papaya and ginger for 4 hours or until ingredients are soft and soup is clear.
- Do not stir soup (to avoid breaking the papaya into smaller pieces). Season according to taste.
Serving method for green papaya soup
- Remove papaya and fish bones. Pour into bowl and serve hot.
Make sure you like us on Facebook and stay up-to-date on the latest from Pregnant.Sg!