One of the most popular fruits among both adults and children is the good-ole’ banana. Banana’s popularity could be due to its flexibility – it can be eaten raw or added to a variety of dishes. It can also be eaten for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or taken as a snack! Banana contains potassium, which aids in maintaining healthy level of fluids in the body and also contains high levels of fiber which aid in digestion. A great way to introduce your little one to the wonders of banana is with this homemade baby food banana smoothie.
Age suitability: 6 months
Suitability for freezing: Yes
- 1 cup of milk (breast or formula)
- 1 large- or medium-sized banana (preferably Cavendish banana)
- Cut banana into small pieces and freeze the banana for at least 24 hours before using it.
- Take banana pieces and mix it with milk in a blender or food processor.
- Blend well until it becomes a puree.
- Transfer into a bowl or if you wish to freeze some for later, transfer into ice cube trays or small containers and store these in the freezer. (Do ensure that the smoothie is not too cold when serving!)
For hygienic purposes & your baby’s safety, do ensure that the utensils and bowls/plates that you use to prepare this recipe are clean and dry.
Recipe is adapted from babycenter.com.my.
Make sure you like us on Facebook and stay up-to-date on the latest from Pregnant.Sg!