Making a potato dish is a great way to satisfy your child’s hunger while getting some nutrients into his/her system! Potatoes contain both Vitamin B6 and potassium, which are useful in maintaining regular levels of fluid in the body. Meanwhile, carrots store a good amount of beta-carotene, which are converted into Vitamin A into your child’s body. Potatoes and carrots also taste good, by themselves or combined! Here’s a homemade baby food version of a mashed potato dish with a twist.
Age suitability: 6 months
Suitability for freezing: Yes
- 1 medium-sized potato
- 1 medium-sized carrot
- ½ cup of milk (breast or formula)
- Boil potato and carrot
- Once cooked, peel both carrot and potato and cut both into big pieces
- Put into blender or food processor, then add in milk
- Blend until mixture achieves desired consistency
- Transfer into bowl or into ice-cube trays or a small container if you plan to freeze the purée
For hygienic purpose & your baby’s safety, do ensure that the utensils and bowls/plates that you use to prepare this recipe are clean and dry.
Recipe was adapted from Epicurious.com.
Make sure you like us on Facebook and stay up-to-date on the latest from Pregnant.Sg!