One of the advantages of living in a tropical country is the easy availability of a variety of yummy fruits – some of these being mangoes and bananas! Mangoes and bananas is a good way for your baby to get nutrients such as Vitamins C, E and B6, which are all needed to maintain good eyesight and healthy growth. Both fruits are also packed with fibre, which will help your baby’s digestion and keep everything working just right! Here is a recipe for a mango and banana smoothie that will be delightful to your baby’s palate and tummy.
Age suitability: 6 months
Suitability for freezing: Yes
- 1 medium-sized mango (peeled and deseeded)
- 1 banana
- 1 cup of milk (breast or formula)
RELATED: Yummy carrot purée for baby
- Freeze both banana and mango for at least 24 hours before using them
- Cut banana into pieces and place it in a container and freeze. Repeat this step for the mango.
- To make the purée, place both frozen banana and frozen mango into a blender or food processor.
- Add milk and blend until the mixture achieves desired consistency.
- To serve, transfer smoothie into a baby cup or bowl. (You can store the smoothie in a small container or an ice-cube tray to freeze it.)
- If you are preparing this smoothie for a baby 12 months and older, cut a few small pieces of mango and banana to garnish the smoothie before serving.
For hygienic purposes, do ensure that the utensils and bowls/plates that you use to prepare this recipe are clean and dry.
Make sure you like us on Facebook, and stay up-to-date on the latest from Pregnant.Sg!