Homemade baby food is a great way to introduce your new munching baby to solids because you can control what goes in. Potatoes are naturally sweet and contain vitamin B6 which helps your baby develop a strong heart. They are also high in potassium, iron, and copper. Here is a great potato purée recipe for you to try.
Age suitability: 6 months
Suitable for freezing: Yes
- 1 peeled and diced potato
- 4 to 5 tablespoons formula, breast milk or water
- Steam potato for about 10 minutes or until the vegetable is soft.
- Mix with the breast milk or water
- Use a blender or food processor to purée the potato
- After puréeing, you can serve to your baby, or to freeze pour the mixture into frozen ice cube trays. When frozen, pop the potato cubes out of the trays and transfer to freezer bags to store in freezer.
It’s important to use only clean and dry utensils and bowls when preparing baby food to ensure good hygiene.
Make sure you like us on Facebook and stay up-to-date on the latest from Pregnant.Sg!