Homemade baby food is a great way to introduce your new munching baby to solids because you can control what goes in. Sweet potatoes are rich in Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Iron and Magnesium. All of these vitamins and minerals are essential for developing your baby’s teeth, bones, immune system and more. Because sweet potatoes are naturally sweet, you and your baby will both love this yummy purée.
Age suitability: 6 months
Suitable for freezing: Yes
- 1 peeled and diced sweet potato
- 4 to 5 tablespoons formula, breast milk or water
- Boil sweet potato for about 10 minutes or until it’s soft.
- Mix with with liquid in the food processor or blender
- Blend until the consistency of your liking
- After puréeing, you can serve immediately or freeze
- When frozen, pop the sweet potato cubes out of the trays, and transfer to freezer bags to store in freezer so you are able to defrost portions when required.
It’s important to use only clean and dry utensils and bowls when preparing baby food to ensure good hygiene.
Make sure you like us on Facebook and stay up-to-date on the latest from Pregnant.Sg!