Many mums wonder how they can manage sore and cracked nipples when breastfeeding. Thomson Medical Centre helps to answer about managing sore and cracked nipples.
Possible solutions about managing sore and cracked nipples include:
- Airing sore nipples
- Vary breastfeeding positions
- Use manual expression
- If breast pump is used, engage the short and gentle cycle.
- Sore and cracked nipples can be avoided or minimized by having the correct breastfeeding positions and correct latch.
- You may also rest and air extremely sore nipples from breastfeeding for a day and apply a nipple cream to encourage healing.
- Manual expression or breast pumps may be used instead during this rest period.
This article about managing sore and cracked nipples is brought to you by Thomson Medical Centre.
Information shown is to serve as a guide and for educational purposes only. Please consult your doctor or seek help from medical professionals when in doubt. Thomson Medical Centre Ltd and its affiliates will not be liable for any consequence relating directly or indirectly to any action or inaction taken based on the content provided. The information is owned by Thomson Medical Centre Ltd and cannot be copied or reproduced in any form without the written consent of Thomson Medical Centre Ltd.
Make sure you like us on Facebook and stay up-to-date on the latest from Pregnant.Sg!