Lotus roots soup with pork ribs is a soup that many Chinese Singaporeans have grown up eating. This version of the herbal soup includes papaya for a sweeter taste and to aid milk production for mothers who are breastfeeding. Have it on its own or over plain rice for a delicious lunch or dinner!
Ingredients for lotus roots soup with papaya:
- 300g pork ribs
- 200g peanuts
- 300g papaya
- 3 lotus roots
- 2 litres of water
- 2 garlic cloves (pounded)
- 2 tbsp light soya sauce
Preparation of lotus roots soup with papaya:
- Wash and cut pork trotters into smaller chunks.
- Peel skin of the lotus roots.
- Chop lotus roots into pieces that are 1cm thick.
- Peel skin of papaya and cut them into chunks.
- Boil the water and add all ingredients (except soya sauce) to the water.
- Bring it to a boil, add soya sauce and let it simmer for 2 hours on low heat.
RELATED: Cream of tomato soup recipe
Make sure you like us on Facebook and stay up-to-date on the latest from Pregnant.Sg!