Are you a fan of Italian cuisine? Well, luckily, eating pasta is a good way to take in your carbs. It’s easy to cook and can be eaten at any mealtime. Plus, it can be eaten both warm and cold!
Opt for the wholewheat pasta options if you can, as these are much better for you. Wholewheat pasta contains complex carbohydrates and more fibre, while white pasta is processed and doesn’t contain any natural fibre. Adding veggies to your pasta recipe dish will boost the nutrition content, as well as making it look and taste better. You can also throw in some cooked chicken for added protein.
RELATED: Warming broccoli and mushroom soup
Broccoli is a great source of Vitamins A and C, while tomatos are full of antioxidants. Try out this delicious veggie pasta recipe with olive oil – it looks as good as it tastes!
- 1 1/4 cup of penne pasta
- ½ cup of olive oil
- ½ cup of sun-dried tomatoes (buy the ones packed in oil, cut into thin slices)
- ½ cup of button mushrooms (cut into thin slices)
- ½ cup of broccoli florets (cut into small slices)
- 1 red chili (chopped finely)
- 2 cloves of garlic (chopped finely)
- 2 tablespoons of fresh parsley (chopped finely)
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- Pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon of Parmesan cheese (grated)
- Drop pasta in boiling water with salt
- In another pot, boil the broccoli florets with the mushrooms and a pinch of salt.
- Once pasta, broccoli, and mushrooms are cooked, drain all the water from both pots.
- Combine the pasta, broccoli, and mushroom into one pot and mix everything around.
- In a pan, heat the oil and add in the red chili and garlic, then fry over medium-low heat until the garlic turns into a golden hue.
- Remove the pan from the heat and pour the oil into the pot containing pasta, broccoli, and mushrooms.
- Add in the sun-dried tomatoes and parsley.
- Stir all the ingredients in the pot until everything is covered in oil. (You can add a bit of pepper to the mix if you wish to.)
- Before serving, you can sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top of the pasta.
Recipe is adapted from food.com.
Make sure you like us on Facebook and stay up-to-date on the latest from Pregnant.Sg!