Benefits of perineal re-education
There are many reasons for being very careful about perineum repair after giving birth and following re-education techniques.
- It helps your pelvic muscles return to their pre-pregnancy state
- Prevents urinary incontinence, a common and unpleasant condition that affects many women who have given birth
- Prevents uterine and vaginal prolapse, a condition that requires surgery
- Improves sexual intercourse and prevents pain during sex
Can you prevent a tear from happening before giving birth?
During pregnancy, every woman should follow a few simple steps to prepare the perineum for birth. These can prevent the need for an episiotomy and tearing during delivery.
- Kegel exercises for strengthening the pelvic floor muscles
- Natural creams for perineum massage can be used daily a few moths before giving birth. They help the tissue become more flexible which really helps during deliver
- There are special devices that can strengthen the perineum. They can be used daily by pregnant women
It’s important to help your muscles strengthen again after delivery. Following these guidelines will help with any pain you feel in that area and will also prepare your body in advance for any future pregnancy.