Purées are usually your baby’s very first tastes of solid food and should be full of healthful things like vegetables and fruits. Carrots are a delicious taste for babies, as they are naturally sweet and can be served without any sugar or additives. Carrots are also rich in betacarotene the plant form of vitamin A.
Here is a super simple puréed carrots recipe you can add to your homemade baby food collection!
Age suitability : 6 months
Suitable for freezing : Yes
- 1 peeled and diced carrot
- 4 to 5 tablespoons formula, breast milk or water
- Steam carrots for about 10 minutes or until the carrots are soft.
- Mix with liquid.
- Use a blender or food processor to purée the carrots.
- After pureeing carrots, you can pop them in frozen ice cube trays. When frozen, pop the carrots cubes out of the trays and transfer to freezer bags to store in freezer so you are able to defrost portions when required.
It’s important to use only clean and dry utensils and bowls when preparing baby food to ensure good hygiene.
Make sure you like us on Facebook and stay up-to-date on the latest from Pregnant.Sg!