Colours are extremely attractive to toddlers and this dish will simply entice yours to try a bite! Avocado and tomato make wonderful meals for a growing child. Avocados are full of Vitamin E as well as having a high fiber content which will help with your toddler’s digestion. Meanwhile, tomatoes are packed with Vitamins A, C and K, and lots of other beneficial antioxidants. Plus, tomatoes and avocados pair well with each other, helping make this a yummy toddler meal. Add cream cheese to the mix and your little one will gobble it up!
Age suitability: 18 months and above
Suitability for freezing: No
- 4 pieces of white or wholemeal bread
- ½ cup of Philadelphia cream cheese
- 1 medium-sized avocado (cut into roughly 1-centimetre slices)
- 1 medium-sized tomato (cut into roughly 1-centimetre slices)
- Cut the crust from the bread slices and toast the bread.
- Spread the cream cheese evenly on two of the bread slices.
- Arrange avocado and tomato slices neatly on the other two bread slices.
- Put together the bread slices – one side should be the one with cream cheese while the other side should be the one with avocado & tomato slices.
- Slice each set of bread into four bite-sized squares.
- The Tri-colour sandwich is ready to be served!
For hygienic purposes, do ensure that the utensils and bowls/plates that you use to prepare this recipe are clean and dry.
Make sure you like us on Facebook and stay up-to-date on the latest from Pregnant.Sg!