Turtle soup is known to help mothers recovering in confinement to purge of “coldness” and it has many healing benefits for conditions such as asthma and urinary tract infection. Longan, wolfberries and red dates are added to give sweetness to the turtle soup.
- 1 soft shell turtle
- 1 handful of dried longans
- 1 handful of wolfberries
- 1 handful of red dates
- Few pieces of crunchy herb
- 2 slices of ginger
- 1 litre of water
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- Wash the turtle meat and shell.
- Soak and wash longans and red dates.
- Wash and drain dry wolfberries.
- Boil the water.
- Heat up sesame oil in wok and stir fry ginger until fragrant.
- Add the turtle shell and meat until they are cooked.
- Once the water boils, add all ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Let the turtle soup simmer on low heat for 3 hours.
This recipe is adapted from TheChineseSoupLady.com
Make sure you like us on Facebook and stay up-to-date on the latest from Pregnant.Sg!