Vacation without baby: Prepare the caregiver
Make sure you cover all the bases. This will ensure that your baby is comfortable but also let the caregiver know what needs to be done, and when to do it.
Show your caregiver how to:
- Mix the formula milk or heat up your breast milk
- Use the baby car seat
- Follow established rules and routines, like baby’s bed time hours
- Comfort your little one when he is upset
- Find the list of important phone numbers
- Get hold of you at any time, as well as providing them when a copy of your itinerary, just in case
- Give your baby any medication he might need, and provide a list of any allergies your baby might have.
You should also leave the following:
- Some cash for emergencies
- If your caregiver will be staying at your home, make sure you have enough food in the house
- Your baby’s favourite toys, DVDs and story books
- Your health insurance card
Going on a vacation without baby for a few short days is not as impossible as you first imagined it and with time, you will be able to go away for longer periods of time. Just be sure to find someone you can trust inexplicably to care for your precious bundle, and be sure to check in regularly.
Make sure you like us on Facebook and stay up-to-date on the latest from Pregnant.Sg!